Applications are now being accepted for free technical assistance from Smart Growth America. This program has been made possible by a five-year grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to provide direct assistance to communities across the nation to develop local strategies to grow in ways that benefit families and businesses while protecting the environment and preserving a sense of place.
Organizations or communities interested in this opportunity can apply for one of twelve workshops offered through the program, including:
• Implementing smart growth 101
• Planning for economic and fiscal health
• Regional planning for small communities
• Sustainable land use code audit
• Smart growth zoning codes for small cities
• Complete streets
• Walkability workshop/audit
• Transportation performance measurement
• Parking audit
• Implementing transit-oriented development 101
• Cool planning: local strategies to slow climate change
• Using LEED-ND to accelerate the development of sustainable communities
For more information, click here.