Smart Management for Small Communities: Practical Resources for Governance
April 26-28, 2016 | Blue Mountain Lake, NY
REGISTER NOW | To register by check, use the code CHECK at checkout. Make checks payable to Syracuse University and mail them to Kathy Forrest, Syracuse University Environmental Finance Center, 727 E. Washington St. Syracuse, NY 13244
For registration questions, please contact Kathy Forrest at 315-443-1131.
Download the Agenda
About the Conference:
Our annual Local Leaders Conference provides rural leaders in NYS the opportunity to develop leadership skills and discuss local governance needs while networking with technical assistance providers and state and federal funding agency representatives.
Training Will Include:
- Roundtable discussions, updates, and one-on-one discussion
- Leadership training and tools
- Innovative budget and finance tools
- Watershed management for rural municipalities
- Natural disaster resilience planning
- Climate change adaptation
- Sustainable materials management strategies
- Municipal operation efficiency
Who Should Attend: Supervisors and mayors, council/board members, clerks, engineers, and other interested community leaders
All-Inclusive Pricing: EACH PRICE INCLUDES lodging for TWO nights, ALL MEALS and snacks, and conference registration fees and programming.
– Local Municipalities: $270
– Non-Profit/Regional-Federal Government Agencies: $330
– For-Profit Organizations: $490
Commuter Rates (***Includes lunch and refreshments only):
– Commuter Rate – One Day Registration: $65
– Commuter Rate – Three Day Registration: $130
Contact: Please contact Kathy Forrest at firstname.lastname@example.org for payment and lodging questions, or if you have dietary restrictions or room sharing requests. Please contact Brad DeFrees at email@example.com for program questions.
About the Venue: This unique retreat owned and operated by Syracuse University is a multiple building complex designed in rustic charm with modern amenities. Located on Sparkling Blue Mountain Lake in the Adirondack Mountains of New York, Minnowbrook is designed in the lavish, grand-lodge style of the nineteenth century. Learn More