Southeastern NY Compost Workshop and Facility Tour
Manure and Mortality (Horse/Livestock)
Compost Workshop and Facility Tour
9 am — 4 pm both days
Compost Workshop | Thursday, April 17, 2014 | 9 am – 4 pm
CCE Ulster County Education Office, 232 Plaza Road, Kingston, NY 12401
- Basics of Composting
- Livestock and Horse Manure Composting
- Mortality Composting
- Compost Quality: Producing Compost for Various Markets
- Troubleshooting Common Compost Problems.
Thursday workshop also includes field trip to Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency in Kingston.
Content presented by: Jean Bonhotal, Director, CWMI, and Mary Schwarz, Extension Support Specialist, CWMI
Compost Facility Tour | Friday, April 18, 2014 | 9 am – 4 pm
Departs from CCE Kingston Education Center, 232 Plaza Road, Kingston, NY 12401 and goes to four sites in Ulster, Orange, and Sullivan Counties:
- NYS Dept. of Transportation in Highland, deer carcass composting facility
- Continental Organics in New Windsor for aquaponics and composting
- Brey’s Egg Farm in Jeffersonville for poultry manure composting
- Stone Wall Farms in Jeffersonville for horse manure composting
Space is limited. Registration fee per person $20 for workshop, $20 for tour, or discounted rate of $35 for both days. To register, fill out and send in your registration form by April 14th. For more information, call Erin Campbell-Craven at (845) 340-3990 x327.
Hosted by Cornell Cooperative Extension and Cornell Waste Management Institute, with generous support from the Syracuse EFC, Hudson Valley Regional Council, and the Local Economies Project of the New World Foundation.