Smart Management for Small Communities:
Practical Resources for Governance
A Conference for Local Leaders
April 25-27, 2017
Minnowbrook Conference Center, Blue Mountain Lake, NY
To pay by check: Use the coupon code, check, during registration. Please make your check payable to Syracuse University and send to:
Syracuse Center of Excellence
ATTN: Kathleen Forrest
727 E. Washington St
Syracuse, NY, 13210
We invite you to join us for our annual Local Leaders Conference, Smart Management for Small Communities, to be held once again at the beautiful Minnowbrook Conference Center in Blue Mountain Lake, NY. The purpose of this conference is to provide rural leaders in NYS the opportunity to develop leadership skills and discuss local governance needs, all while networking with technical assistance providers and state and federal funding agency representatives.
Supervisors and mayors, council/board members, town clerks and managers, DPW staff, town planners, engineers, and other interested community leaders are invited to attend.
(EACH PRICE INCLUDES lodging for TWO nights, ALL MEALS and snacks, and conference registration fees and programming.)
– Local Municipalities: $270
– Non-Profit/Regional-Federal Government Agencies: $330
– For-Profit Organizations: $490
(*Includes lunch and refreshments only)
– Commuter Rate – One Day Registration: $65
– Commuter Rate – Three Day Registration: $130
Please contact Kathy Forrest at firstname.lastname@example.org for payment and lodging questions, or if you have dietary restrictions or room sharing requests. Please contact Brad DeFrees at email@example.com for program questions.
Training Will Include:
- Roundtable discussions, updates, and one-on-one discussion with state and federal funding agencies
- Leadership training and tools
- Innovative budget and finance tools including key financial indicators
- Administering income surveys for rural municipalities
- Workforce development strategies
- Flood and drought resiliency training
- Stormwater management financing and green infrastructure applications
- Sustainable materials management strategies including Trash Free Waters
- Municipal operation efficiency
About the Venue:
The Minnowbrook Conference Center is a unique retreat owned and operated by Syracuse University. This multiple building complex is designed in rustic charm with modern amenities. Located on Sparkling Blue Mountain Lake in the Adirondack Mountains of New York, Minnowbrook is designed in the lavish, grand-lodge style of the nineteenth century.